*blinks tiredly** I am damn sleepy, today was one hell of a day, I don’t even want to talk about it, I am just glad it is over, finally I am in bed, I have been missing the Aqua smell of this bed 😉
I was already doubting if I would be able to meet up with this second post, I am just glad I am doing this now, I had compiled all my points, just needed time to post. On Thursday night I slept off after typing only 4 sentences lolz….😂😂. Today I am determined no matter the sleep we are doing this.
Ok enough talking right? Let’s get down to the day’s or night’s 😅business.
Great style is also about approaching each day with confidence, and the ability to feel beautiful in what we are wearing, guess what? the right wardrobe can make a difference in that department.
In terms of your wardrobe, i want you to really know what you like, understand what looks good on you, and how to shop. My previous post already discussed the major types of fashion styles we have, I explained each of them in other for you to identify the one that goes with your personality.read it here , today’s post is showing another way we can find our style, let’s do this-
We are changing the feel of our wardrobe so we have to toss out the irrelevant clothes and get new ones. Here is a little guide
1. Does this fit?
2. Have I worn this in the last 12 months?
3. Is it likely I will ever wear this again?
4. Is this currently in style, and/or does this still accurately represent my style?
5. If this is damaged in any way (e.g., piling, rips, stains, missing buttons, broken zippers, fading, etc.), will I actually make the effort to get this repaired in the near future?
6. If I was shopping right now, would I buy this?
7. And most importantly: Do I feel confident when I wear this?.
If your answer turns out to be NO for all or even one, toss it out in the trash or exchange with a friend or even sell it if it is in a good condition.
Do your reaserch on your favorite celebrities check them on Google or better still instargram, find out what their daily, work and events look are. Now, write down all the items they have in common. Chances are, the items you write down most frequently are the ones you most relate to, and the vibe that makes you the most comfortable
Think about what a disaster it will be to wear one of those Kylie’s jumpsuit on the streets of Lagos or in Nigeria as a whole, now do you get what I am saying?!,😜 you may love a piece of garment but you must consider a few things before buying these items.
- How do I want to be viewed?(first impression matters)
- Will it make me unconformable? ( how would you slay when you keep adjusting your dress?)
- Does it go well with my kind of job? (Wearing distressed jeans to your office*maybe bank?* 😵:o)
These are the 3 main questions you must consider before settling for a style icon or trendy item
As much as you want inspiration be yourself, the name of the designer or how much you fit in a small size doesn’t matter, what matters is you being confident and comfortable. Forget what the experts say about mixing patterns, mix them and be confident. Simplicity is the new stylish. Accessories, they step up any outfit.
NOTE – I SLEPT OFF while editing this yesterday night😅, so I hope you can relate with my introduction?
I am sure these will assist you, do you have more tips? Comment . You like this post? LIKE AND SHARE. XOXO💋💋❤❤