Welcome to my blog once again today like the topic states i just wanna dish out a few tips for dry skinned individuals like me(for my friends with oily skin read this). I noticed a lot of people don’t know their skin type, to know if you are a dry skinned person you will notice some dry parches on your face, some places could be red, wrinkly or rough, to know if you are oily or normal skinned read here
- Exfoliate- Dry skin is a layer of dead skin cells that build up, so removing that layer reveals fresh skin, but care must be taken do not use a harsh scrub because it damages and weakens the skin.
- Moisturize- those flaky skin need moisture and coconut oil does wonders, it hydrates the skin and makes it look smoother and healthier, very good for dry lips also. If you prefer using a moisturizer buy one without alcohol because this will dry your skin.
- Use oil cleansing method- instead of using water and soap to remove makeup use natural oils like coconut oil, castor oil e.t.c. waterand harsh soaps can dry the skin more but these boils clean dirt, makeup and sweat better without drying your skin.
- Examine your makeup- makeup is a huge cause for skin problems, so switch to oil based makeup that doesn’t contain alcohol or other harsh substances. Look for products with coconut oil, Shea butter(ori), and other natural items that will not dry your skin.
- Protect your face from sun
- Drink lots of water
- Eat food rich in omega-3 like fish or walnuts e.t.c.
- Don’t smoke, drink less alcohol.
What I use-For my scrub I use a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of gronded oatmeal.